I just found one of those yellow proof of vaccination cards. I was born in 1960 and in 1979, at the age of 19, I was injected with vaccinations against Yellow Fever and Small Pox prior to a trip to South Africa with my family. We went for six months to live in the modern bustling city of Cape Town, and I am sure there had been not cases of either disease for more than 50 years, if ever.
Cape Town is not now and probably never has been a Yellow Fever area of concern. Small Pox vaccines were halted completely by the CDC in January 1980, one month after I was injected.
With unquestioning faith in the CDC’s travel recommendations, and complete ignorance of any possible concern regarding the ingredients in the injections, I stuck out my arm and received the two shots and got a yellow international certificate recording this transaction.
I probably accepted vaccinations even more readily than the general population (if that were possible) because my father was employed by the CDC as a medical doctor specializing in research in peri-natal virology. We even went to the CDC headquarters in Atlanta to get the shots before our trip!! Of course I had shots in school, so it was no big deal. We get shots, we’re Americans, that’s what we do.
After over 30 years of researching the impact of vaccines on health, it has been a huge struggle for me to actually go public in saying I believe all vaccines have a greater potential for harm than for benefit, both to the individual and to society.
I believe the early virologists didn’t fully understand the immune system and that the measurements and titers they were using as indicators of “immunization” or supposed ‘protection’, do not tell the true story of immunity. Information accumulated in the last ten years about the immune system and the gut microbiome gives a completely new understanding of human immune function and our ability to fight bacteria and viruses. Additionally, the early vaccine researchers did not adequately understand the massive damage that vaccines could cause to the brain and immune system which result in chronic lifelong disabilities due to a biochemical assault on the body. Adding vaccine upon vaccine over the years without ever exploring the combined impact, has had tragic consequences to hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people.
This has been a huge struggle for me to come to terms with. I want to believe the CDC knew what they were doing and that they were concerned about the health of the individual as well as the health of the public. I have been forced to conclude that the CDC has become so strongly influenced by the manufacturers of vaccines to the point that they can no longer objectively look at the science, or in fact, devise any true scientific studies. Their policies reflect a marketing agenda which is prioritized above a concern for health. Their careers, and the careers of the doctors who follow their recommendations, depend on perpetuating the myths they have long believed.
My journey to TRUTH, or awakening, has had a lot of consequences and I reflect on it often. Like many others, I have become passionate about helping prevent further damage to babies. I’ve been voluntarily helping mothers breastfeed their babies for over 20 years, but I now want to help mothers realize that the vaccines they are allowing to be given to their babies are probably the main cause of latching problems at birth and have the potential to cause many other serious side effects to all babies. I want them to know that the potential of damage from vaccines given in pregnancy is HIGH and the safety testing nonexistent. I want to help parents come to understand what I know to be true. I realize this won’t be an easy trip for them either. When we learn that a public health agency does not value our health and does not follow true science, we feel betrayed. Some people prefer to live in the status quo rather than acknowledge the extent of betrayal that has been going on.
Sharing information on vaccinations can be a dangerous pursuit because there are many strong forces trying to continue marketing and distributing vaccines to those who are unaware. They also seek to silence and discredit those trying to spread truth. There is a lot of money at stake.
I have come up with a list of ideas that I hope will be helpful to bring truth to more people. This is not an exhaustive list and I’ve gleaned most of it from watching other activists in progress. I’d love to refine and add to this list as I receive more ideas.
- Your Personal Struggle Trumps Advice & Opinions. Share your struggle. People relate more to a struggle than they will to advice or opinions. Try to remember how you first felt when you encountered the reality of the dangers of vaccines, BEFORE you try to push all the facts you’ve discovered. Respect where people are at. Generally, people don’t want to know our opinions and they don’t want to be told what to do.
- Empathize with feelings. Acknowledge the fear, confusion, and betrayal people are feeling. Parents are trying to make the best decisions for their children. New parents are preyed upon. Many good people are giving them REALLY BAD advice. Don’t get angry with them! Find a way to understand their inner turmoil. Listen and reflect their feelings.
- Be kind to everyone. This is really hard to do especially if you think about extending kindness to those purveyors of misinformation or those directly profiting from the vaccine industry. But, when we slander them, we don’t actually make them look bad, it is a bad reflection on ourselves. We need to find a way to expose the truth without character assaults – however tempting it may seem. When we viciously attack others we lower our own credibility.
- Work together. There are so many voices in this debate. We need to find those who are effectively sharing truth and work with them. We need to encourage them and extend our support for what they are doing. The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) with Barbara Loe Fisher is one of the oldest organizations to educate parents. The Thinking Moms Revolution (TMR) is very active in sharing blogs and the reality of life with vaccine-injured children. There are MANY other great people devoted to this cause, including doctors, film makers, healers, parents and grandparents. The list is long, but when we find each other, come together, and share our experience, we will be stronger.
- Target for effectiveness. Young doctors, medical students, nursing students, pastors, pregnant families, not yet pregnant twenty somethings, highschool and college students. Target key influencers. Share information a little at a time. Let’s figure out where we will get the most for our efforts. Look for interest and find fertile ground.
- Take care of yourself – recharge. Most of us know that we need to take care of our body, mind and spirit. We need to eat clean, exercise regularly and de-stress. We need to forgive ourselves and others. Carrying the weight of our mission can impact our emotions and stress. We need to have a method to reduce stress to keep our immune system strong. Understanding ourselves and practicing healthy disciplines needs to be prioritized so we can stay strong.
- Take care of your family. Family comes before causes. Your family has a limit of how much passion and information they are able to listen to! Take time to ask them questions and enter their world – even if it seems “trivial” in light of the serious mission you are on!
- Remember the underprivileged. What about those who will never have access to the research? How can we warn the vast number of more disadvantaged people? This is very near and dear to my heart. I don’t have the answer to this question. It is great that the number of non-vaccinating parents is growing and that highly educated parents have the ability to research and make an informed choice, but how do we get this information out to a wider audience to make a big impact?
I’m certainly not perfect at executing this list – it’s a reminder for me just as much as anyone. I love babies. I love seeing healthy robust babies with an uncompromised immune system enjoying vibrant health. That is my passion.
Has my list sparked any ideas for you? How can we work together to continue to tear down this house of cards?
I’d love your ideas and insight to add to my list! Please share in the comments below. I blog at http://journeyboost.com and share information on my Journeyboost.com Facebook Page. Please like it!
30 ways in 30 Days, Exploring Vaccines: Day 3 has been an incredible project for me. Not big, but significant. I pray it will impact many thousands of lives for good.
- Day 29: What, not vaccinating?
- Day 28: A Mother’s Anguish
- Day 27: NO ADVICE Please
- Day 26: Essential Questions
- Day 25: Truth Warriors
- Day 24: Healthy Toddlers DON’T JUST DEVELOP AUTISM
- Day 23: Navigating the Information
- Day 22: How Many More Must Die?
- Day 21: Where are the WARNINGS?
- Day 20: What about School?
- Day 19: Can babies die from a vaccine?
- Day 18: What do I say to my doctor?
- Day 17: Healthy Babies Don’t Just Die part 2
- Day 16: Sincere, but Sincerely WRONG
- Day 15: Thinking About Babies?
- Day 14: Is our Hope in Congress?
- Day 13: Worse than death?
- Day 12: Healthy Babies Don’t Just Die
- Day 11: Flu Shots in Pregnancy?
- Day 10: In a Nutshell
- Day 9: Tetanus Links
- Day 8: Number of Vaccines
- Day 7: Calling All Christians
- Day 6: Choosing Wisely
- Day 5: Our Microbiome
- Day 4: Voices of Reason
- Day 3: It’s not just Autism
- Day 2: Can good people confidently give bad advice?
- Day 1: Who do you trust?