Every person in the USA is completely acclimatized to hearing and seeing marketing of all sorts of drugs on TV directly targeting consumers – AND very frequently! It has become so commonplace that most teens and twenty somethings think it is just the way life is. It probably doesn’t occur to most of those exposed to this continuous outpouring of pharmaceutical marketing (known as DTC – direct to consumer), that there is ONLY ONE OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WHERE THIS IS LEGAL.
That being said, what about all those dire warnings? How can people hear them and still want the drugs? Don’t they take the warnings seriously?
Maybe hearing the warnings over and over again desensitizes people to the seriousness of the warnings?
Imagine if there were advertisements for vaccines which included ALL the warnings at the end? It might read something like this, (with information based on the vaccine inserts supplied by manufacturer of the DtaP vaccine), this is the disclaimer:
This product is not suitable for anyone who:
- has had a prior adverse reaction to the DTaP vaccine, or other similar vaccines;
- has had an encephalopathy within 7 days of a previously administered similar vaccine;
- has a progressive neurologic disorder.
Additionally, the aluminum adjuvant in the vaccine, used to stimulate the immune system, may
- leave a hard lump at the injection site, which may be hot to the touch – this will typically dissipate in a few days, but
- has been known to affect muscle pain and chronic fatigue, and, though rare,
- may trigger development of autoimmune disease, such as multiple sclerosis (Multiple Sclerosis i.e. MS) or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease);
Consult with your doctor at the first sign of any such reaction.
- The vaccine recipient may also experience an involuntary, extended, bone-chilling cry for several hours sometime within the twenty-four hours following injection, often repeated over the following few days, which indicates brain inflammation, and may be followed by a lengthy period of regression – consult with your doctor.
- The DTaP may cause a bulging fontanelle in infants – this typically subsides after a few days, but may indicate brain damage; be alert for unusual behaviors, and call your doctor should you detect any.
- In infants, there are reports of associated SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) with the vaccine; do not place your infant face down until sixty days following the last of the three scheduled DTaP shots.
- And, you may experience any combination of the following reported reactions, some of which may require hospitalization:
- abdominal pain;
- anaphylactic shock;
- bacterial/viral infections;
- disintegrative disorder;
- abnormal EEG;
- blood disorders;
- eye movement disorder;
- fever > 105 degree F;
- hearing loss;
- trouble walking;
- pain, swelling and redness at injection site;
- impairment of psychomotor skills;
- screaming; and
- speech disorders.
This vaccine has not been evaluated for carcinogenic or mutagenic potential, or for impairment of fertility, and there are currently 8150 reported associated deaths. It has not been tested or approved for use in pregnant women.
Additionally, each 0.5-mL does of this vaccine is known to contain
- aluminum hydroxide as adjuvant (not more than 0.625 mg
- aluminum by assay) and 4.5 mg of sodium chloride.
- Each dose also contains ≤100 mcg of residual formaldehyde and
- ≤100 mcg of polysorbate 80 (Tween 80).
The above disclaimer is based on the information provided in the manufacturers’ own inserts.
It really is important to be FULLY AWARE of EVERYTHING in a vaccine given to your child and of EVERY contraindication (i.e. reasons for which the vaccine manufacturers recommend NOT giving the vaccine). We all expect our doctors or nurses to know this information, but it is simply TOO much information and the responsibility for any possible vaccine injury will be completely ours.
You can find all the vaccine inserts for every single shot you are thinking about giving to your baby, your child or yourself. Please inform yourself of what are the possible outcomes.
I don’t know about you, but I’m not very comfortable absorbing eating or injecting aluminum hydroxide, sodium chloride, formaldehyde and polysorbate 80 – even in minute quantities. It just can’t be good.
Our #1 role is to protect our children. In order to do that, we need to be fully informed.
We need to know the warnings.
30 ways in 30 Days, Exploring Vaccines: Day 21
- Day 20: What about School?
- Day 19: Can babies die from a vaccine?
- Day 18: What do I say to my doctor?
- Day 17: Healthy Babies Don’t Just Die part 2
- Day 16: Sincere, but Sincerely WRONG
- Day 15: Thinking About Babies?
- Day 14: Is our Hope in Congress?
- Day 13: Worse than death?
- Day 12: Healthy Babies Don’t Just Die
- Day 11: Flu Shots in Pregnancy?
- Day 10: In a Nutshell
- Day 9: Tetanus Links
- Day 8: Number of Vaccines
- Day 7: Calling All Christians
- Day 6: Choosing Wisely
- Day 5: Our Microbiome
- Day 4: Voices of Reason
- Day 3: It’s not just Autism
- Day 2: Can good people confidently give bad advice?
- Day 1: Who do you trust?