If you are preparing for you baby’s next well baby visit, you probably know about the shots. The CDC recommends vaccines against infectious illnesses and most are given as a series of shots starting at the 2 month well baby visit (Hepatitis B shots are recommended at birth for all infants). There is a lot of conflicting information available on the topic of vaccines. While the CDC, the media and doctors claim vaccines are safe and effective, many parents are convinced the shots caused harm to their baby. There are some good ways to reduce the possibility of vaccine harm. Please read the whole list, because there are many important points at the end, but I didn’t know the order to put them in, or which might be the most important for YOU to know.
- Be informed. Make sure you know which shots are being recommended for your baby. Keep your own records so that you can make sure your baby is never given duplicate shots. Administrative errors do happen.
- Record the batch numbers of the vaccines given to your baby. A batch number is provided by the manufacturer in order to keep track of possible reactions.
- Apply ice immediately, or ASAP, to the injection site.
- Avoid acetaminophen, aka TYLENOL (USA) or PARACETAMOL (SA, UK), no matter who recommends it. Acetaminophen/Tylenol/Paracetamol depletes glutathione which is critically important in the role of detoxing the brain. Please research this, especially if your health professional recommends giving a product containing acetaminophen. Carefully read the contents of all OTC drugs. You will be surprised at how many contain acetaminophen. More details on Acetaminophen here.
- Give high doses of Vitamin C before, and long-term after. Vitamin C is perfectly safe and can reduce some negative symptoms. Toddlers and babies can be given 1 g/day of sodium ascorbate spread throughout the day or give 2 times the RDI/day of a Vitamin C Complex. See Dr Suzanne Humphries for excellent information on safe use of Vitamin C.
- Give probiotics for at least 2 weeks afterwards.
- Breastfeed as much as possible. Continue with breastfeeding for as long as possible. Breast milk is full of probiotics and many other factors that are critically important to boost your baby’s immune system. Nursing a baby at the breast is beneficial for comfort and healing. Many mothers find their baby wants to nurse nearly constantly after receiving shots.
- Take a full-face photograph of your child BEFORE the vaccine. Many subtle signs of vaccine injury can be clearly seen in the face immediately, or in the days following the injections, if we are paying attention. Notice particularly the eyes and the mouth. Sometimes vaccine damage is seen in eyes pulling in different directions or the mouth pulling up or down, in a similar way to those who have experienced a stroke. Many parents notice a pallor or lack of vitality in the face of their child following vaccines. If you see a difference in your child, that can be a strong signal that future vaccines could cause even greater harm.
- Take video of your child’s most advanced actions or skills. Record their speech or verbal ability. Sometimes children have a serious reaction to a vaccine and are sick for several weeks and it becomes difficult to remember what they were capable of before they received the vaccines.
- Explore your family history. Are there any i) Autoimmune diseases, ii) Eczema, iii) High-pitched screaming after vaccines, iv) Bowel disturbances, etc. Thousands of parents have found out the hard way that these symptoms can signal a possible adverse reaction in a family. Vaccine harm can be cumulative, which means the potential for harm can increase with each future vaccine.
- Get genetic testing for MTHFR gene. People with a “defective MTHFR gene have an impaired ability to produce the MTHFR enzyme (estimates range from 20%-70% or more). This can make it more difficult to break down and eliminate not only synthetic folic acid but other substances like heavy metals.” Since vaccines are known to contain heavy metals, it is wise to have at least a simple saliva test to determine your MTHFR gene response.
- Consider delaying vaccines.The older a baby is, the better; the heavier a baby is, the better. Vaccines are known to cause more damage to younger and lower weight babies.
- Limit the number of shots. Perhaps no more than one at a time. This will enable you to pinpoint which vaccine causes a poor reaction. Vaccine damage is individual but can also be cumulative. Some babies seem to be fine after receiving many injections; others react to only one shot. Limiting the number will give you more precise information on how your baby is responding.
- Investigate the frequency and risk of the diseases. Do you know what diseases the CDC recommends shots for? Do you know the risk of the disease and if there is a way to treat your baby if s/he were to catch the diseases? This information is critically important so you can make an informed choice.
- Read the complete vaccine insert, especially the ingredient list. Ask your doctor if they have read the complete insert for each vaccine they are recommending. This is a lengthy document which is available from each vaccine manufacturer for each vaccine, or combination vaccine (more than one disease covered in the shot) that they produce. These documents are available from you doctor if you request one. They come with the vaccines, or you can read them from the FDA site on-line if you know the name of the shot your doctor is planning to give.
- Learn about why vaccines are the only medical treatment for which the manufacturer has zero liability. Most parents are unaware of the existence of the NVICP (National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program), VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System), and the fact that vaccine manufacturers cannot be sued if their products cause damage or death. Pharmaceutical manufacturers, the CDC who recommends their products, and the doctors who administer the products are 100% liability free. This 5 minute video describes the National Vaccine Injury Act of 1986, which set up the ‘vaccine court’, and the impact on those who are injured by vaccines.
- Research adverse reactions. Unfortunately vaccine injury is a reality for thousands, perhaps millions of families. There are many biomedical procedures and protocols families are finding beneficial for healing their children from vaccine injury, but it can be an exhausting, confusing, and expensive field to navigate.
- Investigate detox procedures. When neurotoxins lodge in the brain, gut or tissues, it can be removed, but there are many safety precautions you need to be aware of. Many families are achieving incredible healing from serious neurological damage caused by vaccines, but it comes with a tremendous emotional, physical, and financial cost. One mom, whom I know personally, now has a fully functioning 15-year-old. He was diagnosed on the autism spectrum at age 2. While he is now in mainstream education and is considered healed from autism, the family has spent close to $1 million for all the therapies, treatments, supplements, etc. to achieve this incredible recovery. There are resources written by parents who are succeeding at detoxing children from vaccine damage 
- Investigate exemptions, religious or philosophical, in your state or country. 47 states in the USA allow non-medical exemptions for school. You do not have to be a member of a specific religion or explain the details of your religious objection in order to claim a religious exemption for vaccines. You can get more information on vaccine exemptions from the National Vaccine Information Center (nvic.org).
For some it only took one shot to send them into the spiral known as serious vaccine injury. Some families were selective about the shots and delayed them, yet their child was still injured. For others it was a progressive combination of vaccines. These families would give anything to go back in time and make the vaccine decision again.
One mom, L.G., learned about vaccine injury personally:
“I received the Hepatitis B series in my late teens because I ‘had’ to have it for college, which I later learned is a LIE. Additionally, these shots were given to prevent a disease I was never at risk for. It had been years since my last vaccines, but that series triggered my autoimmune disease. I developed an arthritis there is no cure for, that is predicted to be chronic and debilitating for the rest of my life, possibly putting me in constant pain and causing me to be unable to walk or move freely. I am currently doing well but must avoid dietary triggers, get regular exercise and rest. I’m taking a mild medication that has the potential to damage my liver. My pro-vaccine rheumatologist even agreed the vaccines I received as a teen were likely a cause/trigger for my arthritis. I just want everyone to know, if you consent to give the vaccines, you take on the responsibility for any negative outcomes for yourself; no one else is liable, the pharmaceutical companies are completely protected.”
Our doctors, the media, and the CDC tell us babies need vaccines to be safe and healthy. The reality is that there is a level of risk in giving vaccines and the CDC is fully aware of that risk. Many parents accept what they are told. Others question. Some families have differing opinions on the need for vaccines with one spouse in favor, and the other opposed.
Take your time. Do the research necessary for you to make a confident decision in what is best for the health of your baby.
Becky Hastings, a wife, mom, grandmother, passionate follower of Jesus, health promoter, breastfeeding counsellor helping moms for 22+ years, and someone who seeks to research, understand and share truth so people can make wise choices in our crazy mixed up, deceived world!
Protect Your Baby’s Brain. This is your number one priority as a parent.
 See more at: What is an MTHFR gene mutation? http://www.healthnutnews.com/what-is-an-mthfr-mutation/#sthash.ytIPufSR.dpuf
 “Fight Autism and Win” by Jan Martin and Tressie Taylor. This book “walks parents through the process of detoxing mercury and how to handle issues like yeast and adrenal fatigue in children. The success rate for this protocol is very good!” Julie Hill