Babies come in a great variety of sizes.
A registered nurse who works in labor and delivery explained to me that the hepatitis B vaccination is given, after the consent of the parent, to all newborns weighing 2000g (4.4lb) or more.
The exact same dose of vaccine is given to a baby who weighs 2000g and to babies who weigh >4000g.
The dose DOES NOT CHANGE based on the weight of the baby.
However, every nurse who has worked in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) knows that every medication given is calculated to the nearest tenth of a point. So, every dose of every other medication given to infants must be carefully calculated based upon the gram weight of the child. This is true for all medications given to ALL CHILDREN BIRTH AND UP.
Yet when dealing with vaccines, the exact same dose of vaccine is given to babies and children who are vastly different weights.
Why???? What is the impact of the ingredients in those vaccines on the infant’s body?
Let’s look at just one example, the aluminum in vaccines.
This is a scenario of vaccines typically given from birth, as recommended by the CDC. Some variations may occur, as doctors may opt for combination vaccines rather than the separate shots, but the aluminum content will be similar.
- Hepatitis B vaccine (Engerix-B) at birth, 2 and 6 months. Each dose contains 250mcg of aluminum.
- DTaP shot containing diptheria, tetanus and pertussis (Infanrix) given at 2, 4, 6 and 15 months. Each dose contains 625mcg of aluminum.
- Hib vaccine (Pedvax) is given at 2, 4 and 12 months. Each dose contains 225mcg of aluminum.
- Pneumococcal vaccine (PCV/Prevnar) given at 2, 4, 6 and 12 months. Each dose contains 125mcg of aluminum.
- Hepatitis A vaccine (Havrix) is given at 12 and 18 months. Each dose contains 250mcg of aluminum.
Thus, babies who follow the recommended immunization schedule are injected with nearly 5000mcg (5mg!) of aluminum by 18 months of age. (Since some shot dates are variable, babies may receive up to 1,475mcg of aluminum at one visit to the doctor at their 12-month or 15-month checkups!) Source: Vaccine product inserts and CDC’s immunization schedule.
For more information on aluminum in vaccines please read this important resource: http://thinktwice.com/aluminum.pdf
Author/Compiler: Becky Hastings, passionate follower of Jesus, wife, mother, grandmother, truth seeker.