1. Diphtheria – primarily a problem in overcrowded areas with poor sanitation. There was 1 case in the U.S in 2014. Vaccine possible side effects include seizures.http://www.cdc.gov/vacci…/vpd-vac/diphtheria/fs-parents.html
2. Hep B – primarily a sexually transmitted disease which is also spread through sharing of needles. Currently, children diagnosed with active hepatitis B are allowed to attend school, because they are not considered a risk to others, yet a child who does not have the disease will not be allowed to attend school without the vaccine.
3. HiB – Haemophulis Influenzae B. “Children over five years old and adults usually do not need Hib vaccine. But it may be recommended for older children or adults with asplenia (no spleen) or sickle-cell disease, before surgery to remove the spleen, or following a bone marrow transplant. It may also be recommended for people 5 to 18 years old with HIV. “ according to http://www.vaccines.gov/diseases/hib/
4,5,6. Measles, Mumps, Rubella – the vaccine commonly given in one shot is called the MMR. Side effects “may include high fever that could cause a seizure” according to http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/measles/fs-parents.html. According to the vaccine insert possible side effects include “Encephalitis; encephalopathy; measles inclusion body encephalitis (MIBE) (see CONTRAINDICATIONS); subacute sclerosing pan encephalitis (SSPE); Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS); acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM); transverse myelitis; febrile convulsions; afebrile convulsions or seizures; ataxia; polyneuritis; polyneuropathy; ocular palsies; paresthesia.”, “Nerve deafness; otitis media” and many more. http://www.merck.com/…/…/pi_circulars/m/mmr_ii/mmr_ii_pi.pdf
7. Pertussis – much controversy about this one but there does seem to be consensus about two things, the vaccine wears off quickly and “Even vaccinated people may still be carriers and spread whooping-cough without realizing it.” http://www.webmd.com/…/whooping-cough-rising-despite-new-va…
8. Poliomyelitis – according to CDC’s information, the polio vaccine, like any medicine, could cause serious problems, such as a severe allergic reaction or even death.” http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/side-effects.htm#polio. The “IPV induces very low levels of immunity in the intestine. As a result, when a person immunized with IPV is infected with wild poliovirus, the virus can still multiply inside the intestines and be shed in the faeces, risking continued circulation.” – See more at: http://www.polioeradication.org/…/Inactivatedpoliovaccine(I…
9. Tetanus – completely non transferable and vaccine carries the risk of seizures
10. Varicella – The vaccine targeting chicken pox, once a common childhood illness. Death rates from the disease were on decline prior to the introduction of the vaccine due to improved sanitation, nutrition and medical treatment. According to CDC “Some people who are vaccinated against chickenpox may still get the disease” http://www.cdc.gov/chickenpox/vaccination.html They go on to list some possible side effects: “Moderate problems
• Seizure (jerking or staring) caused by fever (very rare).
• Pneumonia (very rare)
Other serious problems, including severe brain reactions and low blood count, have been reported after chickenpox vaccination. “
In addition to those 10 vaccines, #SB277 makes an eleventh provision:
11. “Any other disease deemed appropriate by the department, taking into consideration the recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the American Academy of Family Physicians.”
So we now all know that seizures are a moderate reaction to vaccines and the risk of death does exist with vaccines. We know that no vaccine is 100% effective, and therefore a vaccinated child can also obtain a disease and pass it on to others, sometimes asymptomatically from the vaccine itself.
Knowing all this and more how can we possibly think there is enough added protection from mandating the current vaccines to strip parents’ rights and force a product that has the potential for harm?
Author: Lyn E, vaccine truth activist