I’m busy working, going about my day. I suddenly have a desire for something delectable – sweet and gooey, yet nutritiously dense and still good for me!
I go to the kitchen with no prepared plan. I ask myself ‘what have I got?’ And I start. This is what happened today….
I took a small bowl out and started adding things. Of course, I didn’t measure anything, I’ve just added approximate quantities! Use what you feel works for you.
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil with a rich coconut smell. Every brain needs more coconut oil. It improves cognitive function in everyone!
- 1 Tablespoons organic FRESHLY ground peanut butter NOW STOCKED AT MY LOCAL KROGER – thank you Kroger!!!
- ½ Tablespoon honey, local raw organic
- 1 Tablespoons organic pumpkin seeds now stocked by same Kroger!!
- 1 Tablespoons roasted cashews also from Kroger
- 1 Tablespoons of goji berries – because I just read more about their awesome anti-aging properties! I love goji berries more than ever!
- 1 Tablespoons hemp seed
- 1 heaped teaspoon raw cacao powder
I just spooned it into a smallish bowl and stirred. No heating, nothing! Just stirred it all until it was all mixed up and then spooned it into 4 small containers and popped them into the freezer because I decided I would share it with my family! I was very tempted just to spoon it into my mouth – so they should really be thankful!
Alternatively I was thinking of plopping the whole bowl straight into the freezer to get hard and then spoon it into my mouth a bit later!
Anyway you look at it, it’s an instant chocolate bar worth 5000 times more than the highly processed stuff you can buy sold by large companies that I have been told exploit slave labor. So it is a labor of love for my body, my taste buds and the welfare of Fair Trade.
Have you ever plunged into the delicious nutritious world of Fair Trade raw cacao?