With winter many people worry about catching a cold or flu. It seems the media can’t stop reminding us that it is flu season, and everywhere we go we are bombarded by advertisements for flu vaccines, flu remedies, cough and cold treatments. I guess everyone is just trying to do their job, market their wares – they probably need their paycheck and like to eat and live indoors just like the rest of us.
I wrote this card for my 13-year-old daughter so she could stay healthy and boost her immune system this winter! I wish everyone would do these simple things so that they too can enjoy health and not live in fear of the flu!
- I like to keep my supplement-taking to a minimum.
- I like to empower my children to take responsibility for their health.
- It must be easy to remember, so I needed it on a card on the refrigerator!
- I prefer to use natural substances and foods to heal.
Here is my brief recipe:
- Water is our best detox help. I’m trying to help my family form the habit of drinking a large glass of clean water first thing in the morning. We drink spring water only.
- Vitamin D. It is well-known and documented that the reason people are more prone to illness in winter is because they have reduced levels of this important factor. In the winter we need to take D3 supplements.
- Probiotics are always beneficial to boost our gut flora since 85% of our immune system is in our gut!
- Omega 3 boost with fish oil (or chia seeds, hemp, etc.)
- Vitamin C in ascorbic acid form (non genetically modified) or sodium ascorbate
- AT THE FIRST SIGN OF ANY COLD/FLU SYMPTOMS:
- Colloidal Silver – a natural antibiotic, anti-viral and anti-fungal. Very safe and effective.
- Olive Leaf Extract – has an enormous ORAC score, full of antioxidants that will help boost all the important cells in your body to do their work of fighting infection.
- Frequent Vitamin C
- Extra D3 and Omega 3.
- Thieves essential oil on feet, behind ears and throat.
Another very important aspect of health is we need to eliminate all sugar especially when we have any symptoms. If we reduce or eliminate sugar ALL the time, that is a great boost to health, but when we eat sugar while our body is trying to fend off foreign bad guys, it’s like we are feeding the enemy army. Avoiding milk and dairy products will also be a good idea. These concepts might seem difficult to some people in the beginning, but as you begin to increase your awareness of improving your health, you will see the benefit!
I’m not saying these are the only things important to boost your immune system, I’ve written and shared a great video about all the facets of the immune system and know that it is important to pay attention to many areas of life, but this is just a short winter prescription.
What are the essentials you use to keep your family healthy during the winter?