Does God’s plan include me?
I believe God’s plan, as given to us in a short, succinct explanation by Peter, is as relevant today as it was for Cornelius two thousand years ago. Taken from the book of Acts, chapter 10, verses 34-43.
Peter’s explanation to Cornelius, a Roman Army Captain, of God’s plan for all who seek Him:
• God shows no favoritism. He welcomes all people no matter the culture, the background, the skin color, the preferences.
• God accepts those who seek Him, fear Him & attempt what is right – in every culture/nation.
• God’s Good News started with the nation of Israel – via Abraham.
• This is the essential message: there is peace with God through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.
• The movement started in Galilee and spread to all Judea after John started to preach his God ordained message of repentance from sin and baptism, paving the way for Jesus.
• God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power.
• Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil – for God was with Him.
• The apostles were eye-witnesses of all Jesus did from Judea to Jerusalem.
• The leaders in Jerusalem put Him to death by hanging him on a cross.
• God raised Jesus to life on the third day.
• God allowed Him to appear to the apostles – chosen by God in advance to be His witnesses. They ate and drank with Him after He rose from the dead.
• His instructions: preach everywhere and testify that Jesus is the one appointed by God to be the judge of all – the living and the dead. He is the one all the prophets testified about, saying that everyone who believes in Him will have their sins forgiven through His name.” Peter, Acts 10:14-43
Peter’s audience enthusiastically received his message and experienced the power of God for themselves. God’s desire is that people today from every country will seek Him and come to experience the life He wants to give them.
Author: Becky Hastings, wife, mother, grandmother, passionate follower of Jesus, truth seeker, and life coach.
Please feel free to leave a comment if you would like to discuss this more. There is nothing more important than understanding how much God loves you. I’d be happy to try and help.