Maybe Peter was saying something like this:
Hey guys, life is bad now, yes
The Romans are in charge and it sucks.
We thought Jesus was going to bring ‘em down.
Turns out He had different plans.
I, personally, was devastated.
When I saw them arrest Jesus I couldn’t believe it.
I did a complete 180 – completely turned on Him.
My hopes, dreams, investment …. all GONE.
I was crushed.
Deep deep pain.
I felt deserted, destroyed, lost.
But, then, I saw the empty grave.
I COULDN’T BELIEVE IT!
Talk about an emotional whiplash:
So low to sooo high.
Then He appeared to us
He taught us
All the pieces started to fit together
He explained everything
ABSOLUTELY CHANGED MY LIFE
Everything is different now.
This world isn’t all there is.
This body isn’t all there is.
A resurrected life through Jesus is the goal.
This world will end.
This political system will end.
I’ve given up trying to fix it.
My new passion, purpose & life work is helping people
To KNOW and experience
MY RESURRECTED LORD.
You can arrest me.
You can kill me.
His power is BEYOND anything you could ever do to me.
I’ve seen Him.
Now I understand who He was
What He came to do
What He came to bring
I’d rather die trying to tell people
Than go back to my safe comfortable life as a fisherman
I could never do that
I’ve seen God
In a body
I’ve seen a dead man
There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved. Peter, Acts 4:12
For we did not follow cleverly devised stories when we told you of the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eye witnesses to His majesty. Peter
We also have the prophetic record as something completely reliable and you would do well to pay attention to it until the daylight dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. Peter
Day 28 of Encouraging people to Seek Jesus: 30 ways in 30 days
If you have been helped in any way through my musings, please give glory to God. If you find anything disappointing or offensive or just have a question, please leave a comment below.
- Day 27: Creative Designer
- Day 26: My Struggle for Wisdom
- Day 25: Jesus Is God
- Day 24: A Tribute to A Truth Warrior
- Day 23: Christians are Forgivers & Fighters
- Day 22: Friends on our Journey
- Day 21: Strong Words
- Day 20: Water Anyone?
- Day 19: You Feed Them
- Day 18: Struggles with pain and death
- Day 17: I want more
- Day 16: Jesus: Delusional, Liar, or God?
- Day 15: How’s Your Heart?
- Day 14: Too Smart for God?
- Day 13: Where can I Find Hope?
- Day 12: Our Designer
- Day 11: One essential to come to God
- Day 10: How does faith begin?
- Day 9: Faith in the midst of Adversity
- Day 8: Current State of the World
- Day 7: What does Jesus want from me?
- Day 6: The Critical Question
- Day 5: Best Invitation Ever
- Day 4: Freedom
- Day 3: My Stabilizing Factor
- Day 2: Knowledge of God and Blessing
- Day 1: Does it make sense to seek Jesus in 2014?