My hope is that this simple recipe will be made and enjoyed by my grandchildren for years and years!
Start with an empty jar. Put in a big scoop of coconut oil.
Add 2 spoons of all natural peanut butter. Add two heaped spoons of raw cacao powder.
Add a generous spoon of honey. Add a pinch (or twist) of salt.
Mix it all together. Enjoy.
Other wonderful ingredients you can add:
- raisins or other dried fruit (or even fresh berries)
- seeds or nuts (pumpkin seeds and walnuts are what I chose this time)
- cacao nibs (for a nice crunch)
- hemp seeds/hearts (provides sustaining energy)
- cinnamon (helps with blood sugar metabolism)
You can eat it right away, or you can put it into the fridge to get a little harder. You can eat it out of the jar with a spoon, or scoop it into a flatter container and cut it into squares when it gets hard. Whatever choices you make, enjoy it!
Let me know what your favorite version is. How do you experiment with Chocolate Bar in a Jar?