We enjoy our food.
We like to satisfy our sweet tooth and hunger with good things. But when we are trying to make a move away from processed foods, AND we don’t have all the time or money in the world, what do we eat?
- Apple, banana or date with or without organic fresh ground peanut butter
- Celery stalk with peanut butter, hemp, cacao nibs, sprouts (or any combination)
- Sliced carrots, cucumbers, avocado, broccoli, or other vegetables, with or without dip
- Raw chocolate loaded with coconut oil and nuts – a great source of minerals, energy and satisfaction!
- Leftovers from the night before
- Hardboiled eggs
- Sliced meat roll ups
- Cabbage leaf roll up (fillings could be peanut butter and sprouts, or cottage cheese)
- Organic cheese slices
- Organic plain yogurt with berries, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, chia seeds and honey
- Smoothie (more about the possibilities later)
- Homemade trail mix with raw organic coconut flakes, cacao nibs, raw nuts, organic raisins, seeds, etc.
- For a treat: organic corn chips with organic salsa!
- For special treats: organic fair trade dark chocolate
- Arden’s Garden (or other healthy ethical option) juice
- Baked sweet potato
There are many options, but I find it is key to plan in advance and be prepared for when the snack attack hits you. What are your best healthy snack options?